Meet the Team
- What’s your name?
- What role do you fill & how long have you been at Buffelsdrift?
I am a field guide and I’ve been here for 3 months.
- What are your interests outside of work?
Hiking, playing golf, watching sport like rugby, soccer, cricket and tennis. Road trips, hanging out with friends and family.
- Where did you grow up?
George, Western Cape
- What has been your favourite experience or sighting on the Buffelsdrift reserve?
The Elephant Experience, Cheetah Sighting and seeing a klipspringer run of a vertical cliff.
- What is your top tip for anyone coming to Buffelsdrift? (Anything really… waterwise tips, food recommendations, sightings, etc).
My top tip would be to do the Elephant Experience, a Bush safari, the Meerkat safari & the Free-Roaming Cheetah Experience.
- Are you more interested in birds or animals? If so, what is a favourite you’ve seen on the reserve?
I am more interested in animals, and my favourite is the Cheetah
- Which experience would you highly recommend doing while at Buffelsdrift?
The Free-roaming Cheetah Experience
- What does living and working in the Karoo mean to you? (What’s the best part of being in the Karoo?)
The best part is that I can experience wildlife close to home.
- If you could travel to any place in the world, were would it be and why?
Hawaii, I have always wanted to go to a tropical island and this one stands out for me.